Frequently asked questions
Designed specifically for Slimming World Consultants, MalgraBooks provides a simple and cost-effective service to run your business administration and accounts, generating the relevant paperwork for your tax return.
As a client, we’ll provide you with your very own Dashboard which helps keep your tax return documents in a central and easily accessible location. You can view your dashboard 24/7, and access your full account – including access to your latest reports from the documents you’ve provided to us.
You can view our Demo Portal to see what it’s like – click here!
You’ll also receive a full welcome pack, with instructional booklet, explaining how everything works and what we need from you. There’s also an overview of what we’ll be asking for from you below.
Have any questions? Contact our friendly UK Based team who will be pleased to help.
Income – Your PFS Document
Your online Monthly Plan For Success (PFS) Document provides us with the information we need to log your income (i.e. Member fees) and expenses (i.e. Franchise Fees) for membership in your group.
- View your attendance page (Through OurWorld)
This usually brings the highest amount of income and expenses when running your group.
How do I send it to MalgraBooks?
- Do not send MalgraBooks your username/password to access the Our World platform. This is a breach of your account and we will delete any such information immediately
- Do not send your weekly group summaries unless requested as they contain personal information on your members which we do not need.
- Our Client Dashboard provides step-by-step instructions on how to ‘page print’ your PFS document into a PDF or XPS file which can then be emailed through to us. If you’ve just one group, it’ll be 12 files (one for each month) which need sending, which can take under a minute to create the file we need – simple!
General Business Expenses
In your Client Portal, you’ll find a simple one-page spreadsheet to download. It’s not complex, and it’s basically just one table with three key items – the date when you bought the item, what it was, and how much it cost.
Throughout the year, simply update the table with your new purchases and then send this through to our team when you’re ready, and we’ll add the details to your next report. Our team will also check through the list, and advise if there’s anything missing or if something cannot be claimed under HMRC guidance.
There’s a short list of examples below:
- Stationery purchases (blue tack, sharpie pens, biros)
- Marketing (did you buy any leaflets?)
- Clothing (only SW branded items are permitted)
- Hotel stays (on business, not for Spain!)
- Meals whilst away on business
- eShop Purchases for Books or SW Merchandise
- Card payment machine charges
- Bank Charges (business accounts only)
- ICO Fees
- Taster evening equipment or food
Group Shop Sales
Each group has a shop, selling a variety of items to members. As part of the shop sales, MalgraBooks needs to know exactly how much money you’ve made from sales of books, diaries and merchandise.
With shop sales, we need to know the full sale price which you received from the member. So if the book was 4.65, and you sold it for 4.95, we need to know the 4.95 value (as the 4.65 would be in the previous expenses section!)
Other Income or Expenses
If you’ve had any additional income through the month, please use the simple one-page spreadsheet provided to list these.
This could be where a fixed fee is paid for covering a group, a recruitment bonus for introducing a new consultant, or even selling visuals to another consultant. This list is not limited!
P45, P60, Payslips or other income sources
It’s possible that you’ve some other income source through the year, or have employment elsewhere.
If you’re on our Premium Package, we’ll need this information to prepare your SA302 (Tax Summary) and SA100 Tax Return. All of your income and expenses are taken into account, and you can submit your documents to us electronically through your portal.